WAEC Mathematics Questions and Answers-Objective and Theory | PDF.
WAEC Mathematics Past Questions and Answers PDF Download…This article is intended to help you realize the questions and answers that you will have to face in the WAEC Examination this year.
You will also understand how WAEC Mathematics questions are set and many more examination details. All you need to do is to stay focus and follow this guide.
The examination is conducted by the West African Examination Council and is written by candidates who are about leaving secondary school.
The General Maths (Core) 2 (Essay) paper usually starts by 9:30am and will last for 2hrs 30mins while the General Mathematics/ Mathematics (Core) 1 (Objective) exam will commence 3pm and will last for 1hr 30mins.
WAEC Mathematics Objective Questions
- Which of the following correctly expresses 48 as a product of prime factors?
- 3 x 4 x 4 B. 2 x 3 x 8
- 2 x 2 x 3 x 4 D. 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 3
- Evaluate (20three)2 – (11three)2 in base three A. 101 B. 121 C. 202 D. 2020
- Evaluate log105 + log1020
- 20 B. 3 C. 4 D. 5
- In a class of 80 students, every student studies Economics or Geography or both. If 65 students study Economics and 50 study Geography, how many study both subjects?
- 15 B. 30 C. 35 D. 45
- If N varies directly as M and N = 8 when M 20, find M when N = 7.
- 13 B. 15 C. 17% D. 18%
- Express 0.0462 in standard form.
- 0.462 x 10-1 B. 0.462 x 10-2
- 4.62 x 10-1 D. 4.62 x 10-2
- In a bag of oranges, the ratio of the good ones to the bad ones is 5:4. If the number of bad oranges in the bag is 36, how many oranges are there altogether?
- 81 B. 72 C. 54 D. 45
WAEC Mathematics Essay Questions
6(a) Draw the table of values for the relation y = x2 for the interval -3 ≤ x ≤ 4.
(b) Using a scale of 2cm to 1 unit on the x-axis and 2cm to 2 units on the y-axis, draw the graphs of: (i) y = x2 (ii) y = 2x + 3 for -3 ≤ x ≤ 4.
Use your graph to find: (i) the roots of the equation x2 = 2x + 3; (ii) the gradient of y = x2 at x —2.
7. The number of child births recorded in 50 maternity centres of a local government in August 1993 are as follows:
50 99 81 86 69 85 93 63 92 65
77 74 76 71 90 74 81 94 67 75
95 81 68 105 99 68 75 75 76 73
79 74 80 69 74 62 74 80 79 68
79 75 75 71 83 75 80 85 81 82
(a) Construct a frequency distribution table, using class intervals 45-54, 55-64, etc.
(b) Draw the histogram for the distribution.
(c) Use your histogram to estimate the mode.
(d) Calculate the mean number of births.
8(a) In a market survey, 100 traders sell fruits. 40 sell apples, 46 oranges, 50 mangoes, 14 apples and oranges, 15 apples and mangoes and 10 sell the three fruits. Each of the 100 traders sells at least one of the three fruits.
(i) Represent the information in a Venn diagram.
(ii) Find the number that sell oranges and mangoes only.
(b) Find the value of x for which 312four +52x= 96ten
9. Using a ruler and a pair of compasses only,
(a) Construct quadrilateral MNOP with |OP|
=11cm, |PM| = 6cm, |NO| = 5cm, |MN| = 8cm and |MO| = 9cm.
(b) Measure ÐMPO.
(c) te tr s Y
the po ight l ant fro and fi
Loca int Y which is equidistant from the s ines ON and OP and also equidi t m points M and N.
(d) Draw P nd the perimeter of ∆QYP.
10(a) The ies that three boys pass an examination are , and respectively. Find the probability that: (i) all the three boys pass; (ii) none of the boys pass; (iii) only two of the boys pass.
(b) A shopkeeper marks a television set for sale at N36,000 so as to make a profit of 20% on the cost price. When he sells it, he allows a discount of 5% off the marked price. Calculate the actual percentage profit.
Tips on How to Pass WAEC Examination- How to Use WAEC Past Questions
If you want to pass this WAEC Examination, then you will need to
- Practice daily with WAEC Past Questions and Answers
- Write out your subjects, the dates and time.
- Engage in general revision few days to the examination and dwell more on the subjects you find difficult.
- Focus on only your first paper a week to the exam. This would make it sweet and you will have energy to read for other papers.
- Don’t read any other subject when it is two days to a particular subject.
- When you have two papers that are separated by only one day, read the second one first before going to the subject you have first.
- Ensure to be in the waec examination venue at least two hours to the examination so that you would be balanced.
- Try to be up to date in cases of changes in the timetable.
- Have a personal copy of the waec timetable and syllabus.
- Go through your timetable daily so that you don’t miss any paper.
- Don’t go to the hall when you are not having paper that day.
Disclaimer: Please note these are not the actual questions and answers that you will find in the WAEC Examination this year, but they are the likely questions. to get the actual WAEC Past Questions and answers, please call 07063986527.
If this article on has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
How to Buy Our Past Questions and Answers
Do you really want to get these past questions and answers? Then do not hesitate to follow the instructions here.
PRICE: ₦3000 ₦2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only)
Make a bank deposit or mobile transfer of ₦2,500 only to the account given below
Bank Name: GTBank
Account Number: 0318379097
Account Name: Etuk, Oto-obong Emmanuel
After making the payment Click Here to send the following;
Depositor’s Name or Screenshot of Payment
Name of the Past Question
Active Email Address
To us on WhatsApp or Call 07063986527, Email: Infoatpastquestionpdf@gmail.com or Ottyemmy@gmail.com
Once your details have been received and your payment confirmed by us, you will receive the past question in your email or WhatsApp within 5 Minutes.
Why Should You Buy From Us and Not Others
We are not after your money. We want to make sure you offer you the best that is why we are opening a 24hour customer support service for you.
You can call us at any time to guide you with the exams you are about to write. And what’s more? When you buy two past questions, we give you one for free. If you buy a set of past questions, for example, a set of WAEC Past Questions, we give you a discount of N4000! (Please tell your family and friends).
We offer the best deal with a guarantee!
- If you study very well with our past questions and you still fail, contact us and we will return your money!
- If you do not get the material after 24hours, you are free to ask for a refund!
We are free for other help and services. Contact Us now!